Sunday 1 June 2008

CHOSEN AND EQUIPPED

Ian's mum was what I would call a "Kingdom lady". We all know a few of those. She was so godly that her life spoke volumes to all around her and indeed now, two years after her sad passing and in the years to come I will always remember this special lady, my mother-in-law so fondly.Today, Ian and I were reading through a few of her little C.E. notebooks. She served as a leader in this organisation for many, many years.I know that C.E. stands for Christian Endeavour, but she had written on the first page of one book--
C.E. in large letters and underneath it-
"CHOSEN and EQUIPPED".
These words blessed me in a special way today. If we take our stand and follow Jesus seriously, then He will equip us to serve Him in the right place and at the right time.All we need to do is come and be obedient. The invitation's there.

"Come- follow me",
"Come- you who are thirsty",
"Come-you who are tired".

No comments: