Wednesday 11 June 2008

ALONE BUT NOT LONELY

I stayed on my own last night. Our boys were clearing out their university lodgings and Ian was on a school residential trip. It felt a bit strange as usually our house has the boys coming or going and suddenly I found myself alone.I began to really feel what it must be like for folk who find themselves like this permanently and my heart went out to them.Somehow it's fine when you're busy, but when the lights go out and you find yourself with a tv for company, then reality sets in. I felt blessed to know that although I was alone, I was not lonely, as I was certain of God's presence watching over me in the midnight hours. I had no difficulty sleeping because I could rest secure in the knowledge that I was in His care.
I remember those tonight who find themselves alone. Please know and believe that you too need never be lonely, simply entrust yourself into His precious hands and He will fill you with -

"A peace which passes all human understanding" and you'll be able to have a good night's sleep.

No comments: