Monday 16 June 2008

GOING BACK IN TIME

I went on a trip with my class today to a stately home near our school. We were catapulted back in time about 100 years, I suppose. Even I had to dress up in period costume. We were shown round the house by people acting out the parts of the residents of long ago and they were so convincing that many of my children kinda believed they were real. We just loved the experience, right down to playing with wooden toys.
I would love to go back for a day into bible times and get to meet people like Paul. I'd like to have conversations with Martha and Mary and ask Zacchaeus what it felt like to be having tea with Jesus. I feel blessed to know that these folk were just ordinary, yet Jesus was able to do extra- ordinary things through them, when they felt His touch on their lives.
Tonight I ask that I too, would feel that same touch and be able to be totally used to the glory of God.

"All things are possible to them that love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

No comments: