Saturday 21 June 2008

EXERCISE YOUR GIFT

It's my turn to do the flowers for church tomorrow, so I had a go at flower arranging this morning. They look fine in a nice vase, but I recognise that, well, this is not my gift and never will be. In fact, I like the minimalist idea in vogue at the moment of a few little vases distributed here and there with one flower in each. There's no way I can ever get that effect wrong.
It spoke to me of the importance of recognising our individual gifts and of accepting what is not ours but someone else's and being able to graciously encourage them to develop their gift. Sometimes people need to be more discerning nowadays concerning their God given gifts and I believe that if we earnestly ask God to show us our gift and how to use it for His glory, He most certainly will!

1 comment:

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.