Friday 20 June 2008

THE WALK IS NEVER EASY

Our eldest left this morning to help lead a team of young people on a two week missionary trip to Philadelphia. It was poignant, however, as he had to say goodbye to our youngest, his brother, who leaves for his year in Ecuador in one week's time.His parting gift was a lengthy dvd containing loads of their mutual friends sending good wishes and godly advice to Jon which will be a great comfort to him, while on long term mission.We watched it together this evening and no surprise, the tears flowed.
I realised just how painful "walking the walk" could be. I feel so blessed to have two lads who have a heart for mission, yet humanly speaking, I feel the pain of loss as God calls them so far away from home. I'm asking God tonight, to use them both mightily in His service to reach many and I'm reminded of a little verse I was handed one day, which I've proved so true, over and over again--

"I will pour out my blessings on your offspring",
AMEN!

No comments: