Friday 27 June 2008

MAKE SURE YOU'RE READY

The last day of term has finally arrived. We sang our worship songs, played recorders, performed little sketches and gave out medals, cups and shields. We hugged many pupils, their parents and staff members and said our goodbyes in preparation for the long summer break. We're all so tired and yet the end of term has crept up on us so quickly. We're going on holiday soon and as yet I'm not prepared. I've been absorbed with so many things that I know I must change my focus now or I'll run out of time.
This reminds me of life in general. We become so busy and think we'll have plenty of time to do so many things, but sadly some leave it all too late and never get round of giving thought to the most important decision of all- making sure that they are ready for Heaven.
We don't want to be left standing with an out of date passport finding that we can't board the flight, but more seriously than that no-one wants to leave thinking about their eternal destination until it's too late.

No comments: