Saturday 14 June 2008

NO PERFORMANCE NECESSARY

I watched "The Trooping of the Colour" on TV this morning with my mum. This is an annual ceremony to mark The Queen's official birthday. As I love horses, I talked a lot about how well trained the large number of them were. Not one horse or man put a foot wrong. The band music was very loud, yet engaging and as the drums boomed out not a single horse flinched. I imagine there must have been unlimited hours of preparation for this amazing spectacle. Everything went according to plan and every bridle, bit and saddle gleamed in the morning sunlight.The Queen arrived in her shining carriage and tapped her feet in time with the music- this, indicated the commentator was her seal of approval for the highly organised event.
Tonight, I feel blessed that I don't have to put on a show, or a performance to impress, or win favour with "The King of Kings". He wants me to come to Him every day just as I am, in simple faith, he accepts my failings and continually lifts me up and encourages me. That is why I really love to sing--

"Our God is an awesome God!"

No comments: