Wednesday 25 June 2008

EVERYTHING FOR HIS GLORY

I've just read my little calendar verse. It states-

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God".

1 Corinthians.10:31.

There's a thought worth pondering over. I've been reading John Piper's "Desiring God" blog every day and also his book "Don't waste your life" and he refers so often to living every day for God's glory. I'm trying to focus more and more on this thought as I go through my every day life and sometimes it's hard, as we get bogged down with more and more administration, initatives and so on and our time gets used up on so many tasks.

But Ian reminds me in the catechism words he learnt as a child-"Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever".

I am blessed to know that when I obey the above then that is how I am able to enjoy all the experiences God wants me to have.

No comments: