Thursday 19 June 2008

THE CYCLE OF LIFE

I spent today at our local grammar school. I accompanied a small class of our ten year olds as they had an introductory tour, tried out some activities and generally got a flavour of the place, as this could be their future home for some years to come. We were shown around by a few of our former pupils, neatly turned out in their lovely uniforms. It seemed no time since these kids were nervously being shown around themselves.
Even more poignant for me was the fact that both of our lads had attended this same school, completed their education and since moved on to university.The cycle of life just keeps moving and there's nothing we can do to slow things down.
I 'm reminded tonight, that's it's important for us all to "cherish the moment we find ourselves in", as it all too quickly passes.
I'm grateful that with God we are blessed that every stage of life holds a new adventure for us and I pray that we will be found "in His will".

No comments: