Sunday 29 June 2008

HE WAS THERE ALL THE TIME

Today has been a hard day. Jon left for his missionary year in Ecuador and as we stood and watched the plane soar into the clouds we were filled with emotion. The feeling was all consuming and almost overwhelming. I suppose you could say, humanly speaking, I'm all cried out now. I know the meaning of "a mother's love" being something special. I am so blessed that Jon has strongly felt God calling him to go, yet it's natural to want to hold on to your son.
I can't imagine what God must have gone through to give up His only Son for us all.
In the middle of writing this blog my mood has dramatically changed. A godly friend just texted me Isaiah 41.v.10.
"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous hand".
Jon just phoned, he got the verse too and God has given him a real sense of peace whilst he waits for a connecting flight. God's timing is perfect- He's let me know He 's been there all the time, Amen!

No comments: