Wednesday 4 June 2008

GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS?

I went to a Principals' course yesterday and began reflecting upon what I'd learnt, today, with my staff.One line in a glossy booklet called "Writing", stated that there should be no more meaningless copying of letters or words from the chalkboard.We can continue to teach the correct formation of letters, but must be careful to do so in the proper context.We then went on to discuss Reading and were told to make sure that we were actually teaching the skills carefully, so that children would actually understand what they read and it would be a purposeful activity.All common sense really.
This reminds me how we need to question things in our spiritual lives, also, from time to time.Are we drinking in what God means us to gain from His word? Are we joining in with worship songs because we like to sing? Is everything we do, done to bring glory to God, or are we simply "going through the motions"?
I feel blessed today in school to have a staff that agree with me on all of the above points outlined.

No comments: