Saturday 7 June 2008

PULLING OUT THE WEEDS

I went out into the garden this afternoon.It was a glorious day and I felt I ought to check on the weeds I'd pulled out a while ago. There were plenty around again. They just seem to pop up out of nowhere and whether we like it or not, we have to keep them in check. So I got stuck in and it's a relief tonight to have them all removed once more.
It reminds me of the sin in my life. I have to examine myself closely, check my attitudes, dealings with people and root out the things that are not pleasing to God and just like the weeds, I'm never done. It's a constant process that has to be kept in check. I've seen how a huge weed can grow up and try to choke a plant and stop it from developing properly. Tonight I ask for God's guidance to help me make sure that nothing is hindering me from being of use to Him.
It's a blessing to enjoy the open air and to be able to relax in our gardens, because very often, it's there that we can focus on the deep stuff.

No comments: