Thursday 8 May 2008

A RESTLESS NIGHT

I didn't sleep well last night.Thunder and lightning filled the air. I know after all these years, I should not be concerned about something like this when I'm tucked up safe and well in bed, but I suddenly remembered how fearful I was as a child when I experienced a night similar to this. I found it difficult to cope with the room being filled with huge flashes of light, coming at intervals. So I did everything I could to waken Ian, because I didn't want to be awake, alone.
But I wasn't alone and never am.
Jesus said, "Low, I am with you always". What a blessing to know this truth.
We need to keep trusting God, not only in the light hours, but also in the hours of darkness, when fear sets in, because I believe, that in the night hours, that is when He can really speak so clearly to us and we can feel His presence really near..

No comments: