Wednesday 7 May 2008

PUT INTO PRACTICE

Jon's trip to Ecuador is getting nearer.His prayer card has just arrived and as I read it I realise our youngest will soon be serving God in a foreign place.I marvel at his enthusiasm and desire for Christian service and tonight I want to share the verses he has chosen, with you.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent and praiseworthy- think about such things.
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put into practice.And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians.4.v.8 and 9.

I'm struck over and over as I read these verses, by the words- "Put into practice". I feel them speaking strongly to me. I realise it's not enough just to be "hearers of the word", but we must be "doers" also. I'm not saying that God will call us all to service in Ecuador, but I am saying that if we hear the call, then not to obey would be to be disobedient.

No comments: