Sunday 11 May 2008

INFURIATING SITUATIONS

We went outside this morning to have breakfast in the sunshine, as we don't get to do this too often given our Northern Ireland weather. Everything was going well until I heard some cattle noisily calling to each other and racing around, in what I thought was a nearby field.How wrong I was.I caught a glimpse of one , then another and another out of the corner of my eye and suddenly my peace was shattered. They were charging around our garden, knocking down shrubs and anything else in their way. We managed to herd them into a nearby field and it wasn't long before the local farmer arrived, making all kinds of excuses for them being allowed to run wild.
Suddenly I wasn't so relaxed anymore and though the day got better and I was blessed by the message spoken in church, I was a little disgruntled that this was the third time these animals should make my acquaintance in the last few weeks.
This is so true of everyday life, things are going along fine and then all of a sudden, something happens to destroy the balance. We really need to ask God to give us grace to cope when things go wrong for us, or someone really annoys us. He can help us to control ourselves, even in the most difficult of circumstances and help us remember that once we say something, we can't take it back!

No comments: