Wednesday 21 May 2008

HOW MUCH HAVE I LEARNT?

I can hardly believe it's round to this time of year again. Today I made my annual visit to one of our feeder secondary schools to pass on the names of pupils due to transfer in September. We always have a pleasant lunch provided and meet with other primary school principals to talk about end of year school business and inevitably, impending holidays. The years just seem to fly past as we get older and we view what we do in school as part of a continuous cycle really. We say goodbye shortly to children who have been in our care for the past seven years and start again after the holidays with a new eager band of little ones, ready to embark on their educational journey for the first time.
As we sit this week marking exam papers and we comment on how much the children have learnt throughout the year, I can't help asking myself how much have I learnt?
I hope and pray that as I have become more worldly wise, I have indeed matured spiritually also. I know I have so much further to go, but I long to go deeper with every passing day.
The verse on my desk today blesses me so much.

"I have written your name on my hand." Isaiah 49:16.

No comments: