Saturday 26 January 2008

WE'RE ALL IMITATORS

I know I've mentioned my little nephew to you before and I just have to do so again,as today I did another spot of child minding.It's fun to listen to him talk as he's picking up so many new words and virtually everything I said today,he repeated.He knows that when he imitates someone it's usually good for a laugh and so he listens attentively to conversations, ready to pick up on a word or two.I realised today how easy it would be for a child to learn the wrong kinds of words and have come to know,that if a child in my school says something that they shouldn't,well they're simply repeating what they have heard and sadly often at home.
We have a saying in the country,which goes like this,
"He didn't pick it up off the ground".

The bible clearly tells us-"Be ye imitators of Christ".He's the best role model and the only one worth imitating.

No comments: