Wednesday 9 January 2008

RELATIONSHIPS

I was just talking to a friend today about someone we both know well and we immediately thought of all the silent,gentle helpful things this person is well known for doing by those of us who have been fortunate to experience his selfless goodness.Yet he is completely unassuming in nature and acts always in a "What would Jesus do?" sort of way.I then thought of another few people I'm fortunate to know and realised immediately that I'm a better person from being around them and sharing their fellowship.I encourage you today,whatever your circumstance,to surround yourself with a friend or two who not only will always be able to be depended upon,but who will make you a better person from knowing them.How blessed we are to know that nothing in each of our lives happens by chance.I believe everything happens for a purpose and for those of us who believe,it's only when we look back over days gone by that we can see God's hand in all that has taken place.

I pray that as we move into another year that we will all experience relationships which will enrich our lives and that we'll all realise that our relationship with God is the one which matters most of all.

No comments: