Sunday 6 January 2008

LET GOD HOLD YOU AND YOUR FUTURE

I just heard on the radio that today is "National Cuddle Up" Day.How amazing is that?There's a day for everything nowadays,even if we've never heard of them,we could always invent one.Anything goes and somehow we're never surprised with what we hear.I wonder if this means that you cuddle up in front of the fire,under a duvet or give someone special a cuddle today!I suppose you do what you feel inclined to.
Seriously though,a cuddle suggests a feeling of security and warmth and all of us know the precious feeling a hug can mean.I was reading a book this morning, given to me by one of my sons,called"The one year book of Hope" and at the end of chapter 1,the author Nancy Guthrie writes the following prayer suggestion,

"Praise God that His hands are big enough and strong enough to hold you and your future,no matter what happens".

That's not just for a one off day,that's for always!

No comments: