Monday 14 January 2008

LETTING GO

I went to the dentist today.I suppose it was painless enough really,as it was only a check up and a quick clean.But ye see my fear of dentists is deep seated.I had difficult experiences as a child,with an old-fashioned dentist who kinda pulled and hauled at your teeth with all his might.So for years I've told the dentists in my practice that I'd sooner have a baby than endure the removal of teeth and often sit with fear and trepidation in the big,black chair.I always close my eyes and hold onto the sides and when the drill starts up,I give a little jump.Then I try my best to relax and it's never as bad as I build it up in my mind to be.
It's so hard to let go of the past and many of us have painful memories in one area or another.But,we're blessed tonight to know that God wants every good thing for His children.You may feel that there is something which happened in your past and it is stopping you from moving forward and enjoying the "Here and now" the way God means you to. Bring it to Him tonight and He'll help you move forward.

"Repent,then,and turn to God,so that your sins may be wiped out,that times of refreshing may come from the Lord". Acts.3.19.

No comments: