Sunday 27 January 2008

GADGET MAN

Tonight after church,a friend showed us his new mobile phone.He could just about do anything with it.For the non-technically minded like myself,it simply "blew me away".I forgot to ask him if it could help him make the perfect pavlova.Seriously,though,I watched in amazement as he explained his new gadget to an interested gathering.His face lit up as he proceeded with the demonstration and we could quite happily be still standing there,such was his enthusiasm for his phone.I couldn't help thinking that a phone like that would have been wasted on me,as it would possibly lie in the corner and if I did get around to using it,well,it would only be for my very limited use.Ye see,I'm not interested enough in mobile phones to read a manual carefully in order to summon up "google earth".Yet I marvel at those who can and am happy to acknowledge their interests and use of their gifts.His phone in his hands,not mine, could do wonderful things,such was the quality of photographs etc, he could send to his friends.
Let's all encourage each other in the days ahead,in our many and diversified gifts.
God has made us all so different and we can ask Him to reveal to us exactly what we can do which will give glory to Him and encouragement to each other.

No comments: