Saturday 5 January 2008

DON'T GIVE UP

I've had a really bad dose of the cold for the past couple of days now.I pick things up so easily that if you breathe over me I'm sure to get what you're suffering from.But,I find that when you are laid low,it's often then that God chooses to make His presence most real and it's also then that we slow down long enough to listen to what He has to say to us.As I walked through the kitchen,I stopped to notice a beautiful paper weight that one of our sons had bought Ian as part of his Christmas present.It said,

"In the morning,O Lord,You hear my voice;in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation......psalm.5.v.3.

I immediately was blessed to realise that God was speaking so directly.I had just spent a wee while reading some psalms and in particular,Psalm 119 in which David was asking God to strengthen him and help him.So be encouraged wherever you are,don't give up,God is watching and none of us want to miss the answers to our prayers!

No comments: