Tuesday 29 January 2008

FRESHEN UP

I was doing a bit of cleaning around the house tonight and I noticed a tiny place where the paint work looked a bit dull.I went to a cupboard and managed to find a small pot of the correct colour and a little pastry brush(not used in cookery,I hasten to add)and in two minutes I'd managed to freshen up the small area that I came upon from time to time which really used to get to me and suddenly it looked good as new.I repremanded myself for taking so long to do something so easy.
Isn't that a bit like us,tonight?We know the parts of our lives that need a freshen up and we know how easy it would be to put things right,but we just never manage to get round to it.
If we are to shine as"bright lights" in a dark world,we need to get rid of anything that makes us look jaded.We need to freshen up our outlook from time to time.We need to make the Christian message relevant to all ages in 2008,so our presentation to others requires a fresh commitment.

No comments: