Sunday 13 January 2008

THE MAGIC SPIRAL

I took my mum shopping yesterday and as there was a long queue at the fitting rooms,I decided to go and listen to the man advertising a wonderful "magic spiral"in the hope that everyone(including me) standing around patiently and attentively,would get a free one (worth a fiver) at the end.This worked out well.Mum got to try on something new and I got a magic spiral.I should really tell you that this wonderful gadget would be able to cut spiral shaped potatoes and vegetables,should you ever need to impress your visitors.
Just one problem,however.I couldn't seem to work the thing when I got it home.Ian was swiftly called and managed to produce the most wonderfully delicate spiral shaped potato.But,in doing so,he sliced a small fraction from the top of his thumb.It caused him a bit of discomfort and as he's a guitar player I believe I could be hearing about this for a long while to come.
On reflection today,I think you'll be getting champ when you come to our house for dinner.
But,seriously though,it made me think how everyone of us loves a bargain and even better,something for nothing.I wasn't warned at all of the dangers of the magic spiral and I was completely taken in.
Let's all be careful of people we meet,who would lead us into the wrong things.There are many who claim to be followers of God,but something does not just ring true with them.Nowadays,folk talk about-"We as Christians" meaning just about everyone.Let's ask God to make us discerning in all we do and everyone we fellowship with,so that our lives may be a blessing to Him both now and in the days to come.

No comments: