Monday 12 November 2007

WHAT'S IN YOUR PICTURE?

Today I asked some children to draw what their view of Christmas was.This was a kind of experiment for a friend,who was compiling some information on "What Christmas means" to people nowadays.I didn't guide or prompt the kids in any way,just simply asked them to illustrate what came to mind.I was disappointed to find that only one child in the group put The Baby Jesus in her picture.Is this a reflection of how things are?I'm afraid so.Sadly,people think more about what they can get,than what they can give,nowadays.I wonder what you'd draw to depict your views on Christmas.None of us like to be left out,it's human nature to want to be included.I'm blessed today to know for certain that I'm special to God.I want to try to live my life in a way that makes Him as special as possible to me.

No comments: