Sunday 11 November 2007

THE BLOCKAGE

Today the sink in our utility room was blocked and the water met me at the door.Then I remembered the new candle.Well, ye see, it replaced one which was finished.I had taken the old one to the sink,poured out the last little bit of wax mixed with hot water and hoped to preserve the holder for another candle at a later date.Yes,you've guessed,the wax hardened and caused a blockage in the sink,so powerful,that when the washing machine was in operation,the water refused to go where it was meant to.
Ian saved the day for me and I was left cleaning up and wondering how so little wax could cause such a mess.It reminded me that it only takes something very small to spoil the fellowship that God desires to have with us.We can never see the problems coming and building up,but they do and in such a subtle way.If we truly want to experience God's richest blessings ,we need to watch out for any unnecessary blockages.

No comments: