Tuesday 27 November 2007

A JOYFUL NOISE

I have been training a choir at school in preparation for Christmas for just a few weeks now and at times I've wondered if I've been too ambitious with the amount of material chosen,until today that is.Suddenly it all came together,which is great news, as our first public performance is next week.But there was a confidence shining through,which filtered from member to member and suddenly the children were enjoying themselves and even staff passing by noticed the difference.The children were making a joyful noise and it blessed my heart.I began immediately to see the comparison with this and seriously trying to live a life pleasing to God.I find it hard to describe,but to me it's the time when everything seems to just click into place.It's the realisation that nothing else in life matters except being in tune with God and being so keen to move into deeper fellowship with Him.Priorities change and attitudes change.It can be scary at times,but it's very exciting too.You realise that your life is not your own any more,because you have handed the steering wheel over to the Master and you long for Him to direct you right to the centre of His will for your life,so that you can forever "make a joyful noise".

No comments: