Monday 5 November 2007

THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG

A story in one of my reading books today was all about the origin of "The Happy Birthday" song.A teacher called Patty Hill from Louisville,Kentucky,wrote this best known song in the world many years ago.Patty wrote it for children in her nursery class.She was such a happy person,that other teachers and students came to her school to find out why it was such a joyful place.They took the song back to their classrooms and pupils then taught it to their mums and dads and soon everyone knew it.I ask myself today,do I offer my energy to life and do everything I have to in the course of a day,unto The Lord?Do I radiate joy along the way?I'm challenged by this little story,to try to be a more joyful person,despite the circumstances I may find myself in and will make an effort to touch others with my positive attitude.

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver". Proverbs 15 :23.

No comments: