Sunday 4 November 2007

THE UNTAMABLE TONGUE

I know you can't always believe all you read in the tabloids,but it saddens me every day to hear about problem marriages which are paraded in public.At the minute,flavour of the month is that of Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills.We so openly see the damage that the untamable tongue can do.I'm not for one moment getting involved in taking sides etc,but simply want to point out that while one party speaks out with wrath,the other remains silent.Our minister preached today on the importance of bridling the tongue and it really hit home.
The saying-"If you haven't got anything good to say,then say nothing",came to mind immediately.
James tells us that the tongue can be an instrument of evil,or a conduit of blessing,depending on whether or not it is harnessed by the Spirit of God.
I'm blessed today to know that The Holy Spirit can work in me to allow my words to be a positive encouragement to others.

No comments: