Monday 26 November 2007

THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY

As we tidied a few things this evening,I came across my son's autobiography.He wrote it in final year at primary school.He's coming twenty now.I chuckled to myself as I read about the things he had packed into his little life.Trips to London and France featured strongly and a keen interest in ponies,which has now long disappeared in favour of girls.He ended his writing by thanking dad and me for looking after him,but added,"more importantly I want to thank God".
That last line stayed with me long after I read the account of a young life.It's a huge blessing to us parents tonight that he continues to look to God for guidance in his life and I ask myself, if I were to write my autobiography,would I be able to say that I did everything I could to serve God on a daily basis.That thought makes me sit up and take stock immediately.


"My God,I want to do what you want.Your teachings are in my heart". Psalm.40.v.8.


No comments: