Wednesday 14 November 2007

IS YOUR HEARING GOOD?

I sat down with a child today to gently correct a piece of written work on a rough page,so that afterwards he could transfer it to his proper book.I talked him through the mistakes and explained why they were corrected.When he arrived up to my desk with the completed work,I couldn't quite believe my eyes.He had managed to copy the few lines out again,exactly as he had written them originally,paying no attention at all to any corrections.You see,he thought his way was fine,that there was no need to fix anything.That would require thought and energy,when he could repeat his first process without too much effort at all.
I realised immediately,that he listened to me,as he usually did,but he didn't really hear.It's so easy to do that.We listen to what our minister tells us,but we don't always hear.We know what's best for us and why change anything when it works ok for me?It's a blessing tonight,to know that God uses so many different avenues to speak to us.I pray that we will not only listen to His gentle prompting,but we'll really HEAR HIM.

No comments: