Monday 3 December 2007

A TIMELY WORD

In Proverbs 15v23,we read that "A timely word ", is such a precious thing.That book of Proverbs makes wonderful reading,I need to dip into it more often and cherish the jewels of wisdom in there.I can't help thinking tonight,of two instances over the weekend when friends took time out of their busy schedule to ask after my well-being.I'm humbled when I think of how a Saturday night phone call got me asking,"What can I do for you?"When it came out of concern for me.Also,today a fax came to school,from someone who took time late last night to sit down and write words of hope and personal encouragement.In both instances,I really felt God draw near and am blessed beyond words,that He should choose to speak in such a direct way,through two of my dear Godly friends.Sometimes,we think we're strong and in control and in effect, we are vulnerable.Satan usually chooses his attacks when we are least expecting them and often when we are busy being involved in church work.I won't ever forget "The timely words" which I've just got and trust that I will be discerning enough in the future to know when I need to pass them on to someone else.

No comments: