Tuesday 25 December 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS

I always tell the children in school to begin Christmas Day by saying "Happy Birthday Jesus".We can all become diverted with opening presents and cooking food that we forget the person the whole day should revolve around.How would we like it if nobody remembered us on our birthday?I had such a real dream in the early hours of this morning.Loads and loads of people were arriving at our house for Christmas.I knew we didn't have enough food or bedrooms to cope with the influx.I began to panic and even burst into tears,telling Ian that we'd simply have to turn people away.Then I woke up to reality but the memory of the dream stayed with me all day.I felt guilty that I'd even contemplated sending folk away.I thought of the words of Jesus,

"Insomuch as you do this for the least of one of these my brethren,you do it unto Me".

I resolved there and then to try not to miss an opportunity in 2008 to help someone out,even when the circumstances seem impossible.

Happy Christmas to you today,wherever you are!

No comments: