Saturday 29 December 2007

CARAMEL ADDICTION

I made this caramel sauce a couple of days ago,put it in the fridge in a little see-through jug and every day since,have sneaked in and poured a wee drop over a little ice-cream.Then I'd check to see how much was left before putting it back into a carefully constructed hiding place.I have to say it turned out exactly as the recipe said-"to die for".I did share it with my family,but a little reluctantly I suppose.You see there only was a small amount and that was steadily going down day by day.Son and I finished it tonight and I'm glad,because I was becoming addicted to it.It's well it's Christmas,that's my excuse,because I wouldn't happily condone this sort of carry on any other time of year.Seriously,I now realise how easy it is to become addicted to something.
We usually think at this time of year about giving something up,don't we?
I'm blessed tonight to know that we can't do anything in our own strength ,but with Jesus' help,it's possible.So be encouraged,you don't have to go it alone.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".Phillipians.4.13.

No comments: