Sunday 23 December 2007

PREPARE FOR ATTACK

I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat.At Christmas being off school and having a rest,I wouldn't really mind,but today I do.This evening is a special time in church,as we are focusing strongly on Jesus, from The Manger to The Cross.Our family are helping with leading worship and I manage to get a sore throat.We have put a lot of planning into tonight with two other friends and would you believe,this week in particular has been fraught with things going wrong.A really close friend once said to me,
"Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could be in a position to thank God for the persecutions?Because it's then that we know we are really in the middle of serving God."
I never forgot that and it is so real to me today.We must prepare ourselves for the subtle attacks from Satan,as He manages to get us at our weakest points.
What a blessing to know that God has won the battle and defeated the enemy.He cannot harm us and we need to daily ask God to cover us with the precious Blood of Jesus.I believe I'll be fine for this evening,but I urge you to be on your guard over Christmas,because the enemy will do His best to try and wreck your happiness,by destroying relationships and making you feel discontented. Be ready for any attack!

No comments: