Thursday 6 December 2007

NO DISTRACTIONS

I've been in bed all day,as fore casted.Somehow,if someone coughs or sneezes near me,I'm sure to pick something up and yes,I've got the dreaded bug.Ah well, what I must realise is that it will come to pass.I thank God tonight for my usual good health and strength,because it's only when you're laid low and stopped in your tracks that the reality sinks in of just how much we take for granted.Sometimes your body sends out little signs that it's time to take a rest,especially near the end of a busy term.I just hope that we can be as tuned in to listening to what God wants to say to us,as much as we recognise when other things in our lives need adjusting.It's in the precious rest times,that I feel particularly blessed that all distractions have been blocked out for a little while and so the lines of communication are open and clear."So speak,Lord,I'm listening".

2 comments:

Family Blogs said...

Hi Jennifer,
So sorry to hear you've finally come down with the bug. We're praying that you will soon be back to full health and strength, and that you'll have room to rest and recover over the weekend.
God bless,
Andrew and Carolyn

Shrikara K said...

good one: God tries to communicate as long as we recognize