Thursday 27 December 2007

THE LOST SOUL

Just a day or so ago I talked about a dream I had and low and behold,last night a knock came to the door at 11:15 pm.Anything at that time of night is a bit of a concern.He stood there looking so lost.It was a lad I had taught at school many years ago.He was now twenty.I hadn't seen him in ten years,but he knew where we lived and remembered us.He was hungry and afraid.We took him in,listened to him,fed him and contacted his aunt and mum immediately.He told us he had nowhere to go and that nobody cared.He didn't seem to fit in anywhere.Sadly his learning disability alienated him from his peers and it appeared he had few contacts.We made his mum promise to help him and we were left during the night with our sad memories of a boy trapped in a young man's body,all alone.
I was deeply upset by the late night event and really pray that he will find somewhere where he can learn a trade and feel the love and care of people who are trained to deal with his multiple needs.
I'm blessed today when I think of how God makes no difference between any of us.

"Jesus came to seek and to save those which are lost".

No comments: