Friday 14 December 2007

GIFTS

I wrapped some presents this evening and enjoyed tying each one up beautifully.I made my own gift tags this year to attach to the shiny packages and hoped that the receivers would appreciate the time and effort I had put into the presentation of the gifts.Then it dawned on me,that it matters little what the outside is like,the person I give my gift to is really only interested ultimately in what's in the inside.This truth hit home quite deeply.So it is with us.

"Man looks on the outward appearance,but God looks into our hearts".

What kind of package are we? I'm blessed tonight to realise that God doesn't care about all the outward blemishes that I see in myself and that He knows me better than anyone else.I hope and pray that He sees a sincere heart,striving each day to live for Him.

No comments: