Tuesday 4 December 2007

SMALL THINGS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE

I took my little school choir to sing today for the visitors who frequent a local Day Centre.We put together a selection of modern Christmas songs,which took us all the way through The Christmas Story and this was our first performance for an audience.I must say,I felt a wee bit uneasy entering the building,as I used to be there quite often with Dad.It's funny how you can be instantly taken back in time to some difficult memories.However,when you are in charge of twenty-six primary children your mind soon jolts to the task in hand,that of helping them to assemble themselves in an orderly manner,ready to perform.We gave a lot of pleasure today to the lovely gathering of dear folk,all with minds becoming clouded with forgetfulness.They smiled, clapped and joined in with "Away in a manger" and as the little ones mingled and shook their hands,it was such a blessing to realise there and then,that "small things make a big difference".It worked both ways,as my kids knew also what it felt like to be appreciated.I saw true joy on the faces of the audience and it underlined for me how important and to be valued people are,no matter what stage of life they're at or how incapacitated.

No comments: