Saturday 8 December 2007

THE PERSONALITY CHANGE

Tonight,a visitor sat peering in through my kitchen window.I had to do a double take as it looked a bit like our cat who was curled up in its basket in the living room.This one was a bit smaller,yet with the same distinctive black and white markings.It looked quiet and gentle and stared longingly in through the window.When our cat went eventually to its dish at the back door,the action began.Its personality changed completely.The fur on his coat stood straight up and he wailed and cried,telling the intruder in no uncertain terms that this was his territory and his alone.I've never witnessed such a personality change before. It amazed hubby and I.It made me think about our own personalities and how I often have said in life that we cannot change the personality we are born with.But over time I've realised that God alone can change our old natures.When we decide to give our lives to Him,then suddenly the emphasis we used to put on certain things shifts and always for the better.He helps us lose our hangups,changes our wrong attitudes to people and starts the process of making us more like Him.We no longer feel that we have to mark out our own territory and the blessings start to flow.

No comments: