Thursday 13 March 2008

THE CHURCH IS THE PEOPLE

Today I went to visit a neighbouring school which had just built a state of the art extension.It was wonderful, with so many exciting new resources.The colours were striking and you couldn't help but admire everything that caught your eye.Yet as we were leaving, the headmaster in charge, my friend and myself agreed that it really wasn't the fabulous building which mattered, it was the people inside it and what they were learning on a day to day basis.
Our churches can be like this too sometimes.People get carried away by the building and see it as a place purely to develop their social life.God cares about who is inside these places and the reason why we're all there.I pray that I'll always go to church with the right heart attitude and remember I'm there to learn more about my Heavenly Father.
I feel blessed that always, after hearing the sermons in our church I am so glad that I've got myself out on a Sunday morning.

No comments: