Wednesday 12 March 2008

BE STILL

I've had a difficult day today.There seemed to be nothing only interruptions and constant matters to deal with which I had not envisaged.Sometimes school is a bit like that and it's hard to concentrate on teaching a class when suddenly unforeseen circumstances arise and you feel yourself being pulled in all directions.I'm shattered tonight as a result.I suppose one thing about the job of a teaching principal is that you never know what a day will bring and today falls into that category alright.
Then a bit of sunshine came tonight, as both of our boys caught up with us by phone to tell us about their week so far.I was blessed to hear of their involvement in church worship and one was heading off to lead a bible study.God clearly let me know right then that the issues which had concerned me earlier in the day were over now,I had to let go of them and He was longing for me to "be still" in His presence.
It's amazing how our minds can become all consumed with things other than God and it can happen so easily without us realising it.I believe it's important to do our jobs well and to glorify God in our workplace, but it's also important to know when to switch off from work related issues and focus clearly on Him alone.Remember, the devil is only too happy to keep us constantly distracted!

No comments: