Wednesday 30 April 2008

CHILDLIKE MINDS

The children in my class have been designing and making mysterious little birds with moving parts from scrap materials. They've spent a few sessions on this activity and I have to say the results are really good. Today they set the finished articles in front of them and wrote little imaginative stories about where these birds could fly to and the wonderfully helpful things they would be able to do for others. I love the minds of children. They write with excitement and in anticipation of something good just about to happen round the corner. They aren't afraid to "push the boat out" and believe in their dreams. Sadly, as we grow older, we become jaded, cynical and oh so secure in our safe routines.Many of us lose our sense of adventure and indeed the glow we once had when we were young in the faith.
We need to keep our faith strong and childlike in many ways and allow God to show us the path to take, whereby we can pursue the main reason we're here- "To glorify God in everything we do". I'm blessed tonight when I think of the children who are daily in my care and I pray that my influence on them will always be pleasing to God.

No comments: