Monday 7 April 2008

FREEDOM TO TEACH ABOUT GOD

I've got a student teacher in school for a couple of weeks and we intend to work closely together.As we were preparing lessons today, I told her I'd like her to do a series on "The Lord's Prayer".She was delighted to hear this and added that she had never been in a school before where she had been asked to take an RE lesson. I couldn't believe it, as RE is an integral part of school life for me.But on reflection I realised that we are blessed in our school to have the freedom to teach the young children in our care about God and not every school is like that. My prayer tonight would be that we would always have this kind of religious freedom, although somehow, somewhere down the line this could all change. May we never let the opportunity pass to tell others the good news of the gospel.

No comments: