Friday 4 April 2008

FOLLOWING FASHION?

I read it over and over again tonight until I took in every single word---

"Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,that you may prove what IS that good and acceptable and perfect will of God". Romans 12.v.2.

Paul is talking about practical matters concerning the application of salvation.The christian woman's sacrifice to God is to live her life as holy or set apart to God and to please Him. How sad it is to see how subtly Satan infiltrates the world of young girls' fashion nowadays. I was shocked the other day to see so much "playboy/girl" bunny logo clothes, shoes, sun glass cases etc, as I passed by a shop window.I don't usually pay attention to teenage girls' clothes, as we have two lads in our family,who settle for track suit bottoms, jeans and sweatshirts. But I urge any parents who might possibly read this, to guard carefully how their young girls dress, as nowadays I believe shops encourage them to appear provocative from a very early age.
I feel we have to constantly work hard at "being in the world, but not of the world".
I'm finding great blessing as I read some chapters of Romans each day, it truly guides us as to how we ought to live.

No comments: