Thursday 3 April 2008

YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR EYES?

Going through passport control today,I just knew it was bound to happen sometime.The nice lady stopped me and scrutinized my photograph. Just the other day Ian and I realised that our passports needed updating soon and yes, she was right, how I have changed.I'm nearly ten years older of course, but kindly she didn't draw attention to that fact.My hair is longer and blond instead of very short and dark and truth be told I look nothing like I did back then. We joked together for a moment, with me justifying to her that the photo was really me, to which she replied, "Oh I know it's you, you can't change your eyes, dear".
And of course she is right, only God can. So much about us changes as the years pass, but our eyes reveal the real "us". I've been reading a lot this week about the qualities God expects us to have. We don't have to spend a penny to achieve any of them. It's the inward working of The Holy Spirit who makes us into the women God wants us to be and when our hearts are softened towards the needs of others then we'll show compassion "in our eyes".

No comments: