Friday 25 April 2008

STEPPING TO THE SIDELINES

I suppose I realised today that my life had entered a new phase.My eldest son brought his girlfriend home to stay over and get to know us. It was all so easy and a very pleasant experience. We relaxed together and interaction was effortless. I counted the time very precious indeed. I was delighted to see them so happy together. It's not easy to realise suddenly that your children are grown up and independent, but when you see them happy and know they have been praying about embarking on right relationships, then you happily step to the sidelines when the time comes, so that they can still see that you are there if they need you.
Ian and I hope that we've done the parenting thing the way God would have wanted us to, to date and we are richly blessed through being close to both of our boys.

"Direct your children onto the right path." Proverbs.22.v.6.

No comments: