Saturday 26 April 2008

DON'T RUSH YOUR FOOD!!!!!

I love Saturday mornings. You never have to rush breakfast. You make your own agenda for the day and best of all you take it at your own speed. Your body relaxes and fresh fruit and croissants never tasted so good. You don't care if you sit around the table for ages.It all feels so good.Compare this with work days. You grab a quick bite, throw a wash in the machine, make a couple of packed lunches, etc etc and no matter how much time you think you have in the mornings before you leave the house, it never seems to be enough.
I've learnt that it's also like this with our quiet times. When we take time to study slowly and carefully, we discover the pearls of wisdom in God's word, whereas when we quickly rush through things, we're fortunate if anything we read stays with us for the rest of the day.
I know which breakfast I prefer and I know which type of quiet time blesses me the most.
So let's not rush our food!!!!!!

No comments: