Sunday 20 April 2008

SLOW DOWN

Today was a busy day, church twice, visiting in between, home later than expected and before we know it we're getting things ready for our Monday routine.I realise that we can be so busy at the weekends, doing many wonderful things, attached to our church fellowships and all of a sudden we realise, we're too busy. Everything and everyone tugs for a piece of us, our calendar is busy and that's the way we like it.But hold on a minute, what about that restful break from two weeks ago? Have I forgotten the benefits of "getting in, rather than giving out?
I'm reminded of the verse which says,

"Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed" Luke 5:16.

And I think, if Jesus thought it worthwhile to step aside and pray,wouldn't I be wise to do the same?

No comments: