Tuesday 29 April 2008

GIVING UP YOUR TIME FOR OTHERS

Ian and I were invited out today, to visit a school we'd never been to before.The appointment had been arranged quite some time ago and we hoped that our visit would be comfortable and convenient for the busy principal who'd asked us to call.Nothing was too much trouble at all. We were made most welcome and two hours later, we were on our way home, reflecting on the lovely afternoon we'd spent.We were taken on an extensive tour of the huge building, got to talk to students and admire the detail of their course work(being mounted on display).We realised this evening that the most important thing you can give someone is your time and how important it is to make others feel special, when there's nothing in it for your own gain.
I pray tonight, that God will always help me to follow through with my personal invitations and that I will always have time for others, to listen and even just be there for anyone who needs me.

No comments: